FAT TRANSFER HAND REJUVENATION
Over time the subcutaneous thickness of hands diminishes. Own fat transfer (lipotransfer, lipografting, fatgrafting, lipofilling) is a surgical proceedure used to improve the cosmetic look of patients’ hands. During the procedure, a small amount of fat is harvested by liposuction (usually from the area of the lower abdomen and thighs) into syringes, then filtered (purified) and injected into the subcutaneous area of the back of hands by thin cannulas to cover subcutaneous structures (bones, tendons, vessels) without visible scars. As part of fat transferred is subsequently absorbed by the body; a final satisfactory result often requires the repetition of the treatment.
- Generally, the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic but can be performed also under conscious sedation or general anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 40 minutes.
- Post-surgery bruising and swelling may persist for between 10-14 days.
- We recommend that elastic hand bandages are worn for 1 week post treatment.
- The treated area should not be expose to intense heat (sun, sauna, tanning salon) and cold for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Concept Clinic use the renowned FDA and CE certified Puregraft system for fat filtering.