Liposuction is surgical proceedure used to reshape the figure by harvesting subcutaneous fat deposits with a suction cannula connected to an underpressure generating device. Fat harvesting is preceded by subdermal application of a tumescent solution to facilitate the harvesting process, as well as eliminate blood losses and reduce postoperative discomfort, swelling and bruising. Lipsuction is performed by way of small incisions several millimetres long.
- Generally, the procedure is performed under general anaesthetic but can be performed also under conscious sedation; smaller regions can be harvested under local anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 0.5-1.5 hours.
- Surgical stitches are absorbable and do not need to be removed.
- We recommend rest for 1-2 days; with full physical load after 4 weeks.
- We recommend an elastic compression underclothes are worn for 6 weeks post operation.
- Concept Clinic use the FDA and CE certified MicroAire PAL® liposuction system (Power-Assisted Liposuction System).