MALE BREAST REDUCTION – GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY
Gynecomasty is a benign turgidity of the male breast glands (seldom of one breast only), resulting either from hormonal imbalances or from anabolic steroids usage. At certain points in life (at birth, during puberty, or at later age), such turgidity may also be for physiological reasons. Surgical treatment involves the removal of the breast gland via discreet small incision at the lower border of areolae. In the case of large male breasts, it may be necessary to surgically remove exess drooping skin and lift the areolae into higher positions, in addition to the removal of mammary gland tissue.
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 1-2 hours.
- Surgical stitches are absorbable and do not need to be removed.
- We recommend rest for one week after surgery; with full physical load after 4 weeks.
- We recommend an elastic compression vest is worn for 4 weeks post surgery.
- To achieve better aesthetic results, gynecomastia surgery is often combined with breast liposuction.