EAR SURGERY – OTOPLASTY
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure to change the shape, position and proportion of the ear, or to correct ear deformities. The basis of otoplasty consists of reshaping and/or resection of the helix cartilage.
- Generally, the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic but can be performed also under sedation or general anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 2 hours.
- Stitches from surgery are absorbed and do not need to be removed.
- Post-surgery 1 week of rest is recommended.
- Post-surgery it is recommended that patients wear an elastic facial sling for 2 weeks.