A facelift is a surgical procedure used to counter visible signs of facial aging. Facelifts tend to be elected for when person is 45 years or older as this from this time that the face normally starts to show signs of aging. A facelift typically involves a discreet incision (from the front of the ear extending up into the hairline), followed by a lift of the drooped facial skin, and the removal of excess skin as necessary, leading to an overall tightening of the SMAS (superficial muscular aponeurotic system).
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 3 hours.
- Concept Clinic use tissue adhesives in each procedure to minimize the postoperative swelling and bruising and speed up your recovery.
- Stitches from surgery are absorbed and do not need to be removed.
- Post-surgery 1 week of rest is recommended.
- Post-surgery bruising and swelling may resist for between 2 and 3 weeks.
- Post-surgery is recommended that patients wear an elastic facial sling for 2 weeks.
- For best results, Concept Clinic often recommend that a neck lift and/or blepharoplasty surgery is combined with a facelift.
- Concept Clinic does not perform facelifts on smokers because smoking has been shown to increase the incidence of serious complications after facelift surgery. Smokers contemplating a facelift stop smoking at least 2 weeks before a facelift surgery.