NOSE SURGERY – RHINOPLASTY
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to aesthetically enhance the nose: including changing its-size, correcting defects and deformitis, as well as changing the shape of nasal tip and nostrils. Surgical correction of the deviated septum (septoplasty) as part of rhinoplasty operation may also be used to resolve respiratory problems. At Concept Clinic we use the most modern surgical techniques, typically we perform „open“ rhinoplasty, a procedure by which a small incision is made at the base of the tissue between the nostrils, allowing our surgeons to perform surgical procedures with the benefit of clear and unobstructed vision.
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 1 to 2.5 hours.
- At Concept Clinic we use tissue adhesives to minimize postoperative swelling and bruising and speed up recovery.
- Stitches from surgery are absorbed and do not need to be removed.
- Post-surgery 1 week of rest is recommended.
- Post-surgery bruising and swelling may persist for between 2 and 3 weeks.
- Post rhinoplasty patients are required to wear a nasal splint for 2 weeks and this is extended to 3 weeks if bone reconstruction was involved.