Double chin liposuction is a surgical proceedure to shape the neck by harvesting subcutaneous fat by way of a suction cannula connected to an underpressure generating device. Fat harvesting is preceded by the subdermal application of a tumescent solution to simplify the fat harvesting, eliminate blood losses and reduce postoperative discomfort, swelling and bruising. Fat harvesting is performed via small incisions (usually 1 incision several milimeters under the chin).
- Generally, the procedure is performed under general anaesthetic but can be performed also under conscious sedation or local anaesthetic.
- The procedure can be completed in 20 minutes.
- Surgical stitches are absorbable and do not need to be removed.
- We recommend rest for 1-2 days after the surgery, with full physical load after 2 weeks.
- Post operation we recommend patients wear an elasticized facial sling for 2 weeks.