REMOVAL OF CAPILLARY VESSELS WITH INTENSE PULSED LIGHT IPL AND DIODE LASER
Extended capillary vessels on the face are not only an aesthetic problem, but often cause various skin diseases, e.g. rosacea. Extended capillaries cause temporary facial redness, which is changed over time into permanent with a gradual increase in the number of bigger capillary vessels – teleangiestasias – especially around the nose, chin and cheeks. Using the intense pulsed light (IPL Lumenis M22), working on the selective photothermolysis principle, light energy is changed into thermal energy, which is subsequently collected in haemoglobin, without damaging the skin surface. By the effect of the pulsed light on haemoglobin, capillary vessels – telangiectasias are closed and destructed; they thereafter disintegrate and disappear. This method is also used to remove some congenital vascular malformations (naevus flammeus). In addition to facial teleangiestasias, venectasia on lower limbs represent a relatively frequent problem; they are of blue-red to blue-violet colour and unlike facial capillary vessels, they are thicker, situated deeper, the so-called spider vessels. These are removed by the Light Sheer Lumenis diode laser, or, in the case of fine capillary vessels, by IPL. Both methods are also suitable for the removal of vessel marks – hemangiomas, small red nodes – occurring mainly with age.
- The procedure is minimally painful; the impulses can be compared to “stings by a rubber band”.
- It is recommended not to use any anticoagulant drugs (e.g. Anopyrin, Trombex,…) before the procedure.
- It is recommended to undergo the treatment 3-4 times, in monthly intervals.
- Minor redness and swelling will disappear within 24 – 48 hours after the application; small bruises may be formed at the application site, which will be absorbed within several days; postinflammatory pigmentation changes may temporarily occur on lower limbs.
- The procedure is performed during a non-sunny period, while the given region must not be exposed to UV radiation one month before and one month after the surgery. Strict SPF 50+ photoprotection is recommended after the procedure.
Price from: € 40
Find the latest price list (HERE).